Monday September 30, 2013
On October 20, CFRTE1 will be participating in the Melrose Alliance Against Violence (MAAV) 18th Annual Walk and Candlelight Vigil to raise awareness about domestic violence. This event generates tremendous community support from over 400 participants, and raises funds for programs that work to break the cycle of domestic violence.
CFRTE1 would like to show as much support as we can to help MAAV fulfill their mission to prevent violence before it begins. To do this, we are hoping to create a CFRTE1 team to participate in this walk. We are also going to be collecting donations at the gym. All donations will be used for the following education and prevention programs:
* Outreach & Support for victims of Domestic Violence, including a weekly support group
* Teen Dating Violence Prevention for middle and high school students
* Mentoring for youth at risk
* Bullying Prevention trainings for students, staff and parents
We will be posting a team sign up sheet, as well as a donation box at the front of the gym. We know life is busy and appreciate any help you can give towards this wonderful walk. Let’s show this city what a great community we have at CFRTE1!
When: October 20th, at 4pm
Where: Begins and ends at the Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway in Melrose.
What: 2-Mile Walk proceeds around ELL pond and concludes with refreshments
10 Banded Good Mornings / 5 Thrusters / 10 Sit-ups x2
Front Squat: 4RM
LuRong Living Paleo Challenge WOD 4
- 50 Toes-to-Bar
- (10 Min Time Cap)
- The athlete must complete all 50 Thrusters before moving on to the next movement